Wednesday, March 30, 2005

How I caught the Catholic blogging bug

I really don't remember how exactly I started reading Catholic blogs but I think it was from looking at Envoy magazine's blog, Encore Envoy, and I think in that blog, it made reference to St. Blog's parish, a list of Catholic blogs and I was hooked. It is very interesting to see people's opinions on the news of the day with a Catholic perspective, especially reading the broad spectrum of Catholic opinion from the traditionalists to the radical reformers. I enjoy reading all of them; however, since I describe myself as a play-by-the-law Vatican II Catholic, I am somewhat in the middle but probably more leaning to conservative side of the Catholic spectrum. I am pro-life, anti death penalty, pro Social Justice as it pertains to the poor and needy and pro EWTN. However, I am also a Charismatic Catholic, I have been involved in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal for about 14 years now and belong to a Charismatic community that is strictly Catholic. As to the Catholic blogs, I especially enjoy the blogs that some of the priests are doing, especially Catholic Ragemonkey and Saintly Salmagundi, but I also like Amy Welborn's Open book and Bett net - and I read Joe Cecil's blog to get the progressive angle on things.
I wanted to start my own blog thinking it would be interesting, but I have already come to find out it is hard work to come up with interesting things to put in your blog. Hopefully I get some inspiration on topics and such.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jeff Miller said...

St. Blogs has certainly grown over the three years I have been following it. I use to be able to read all Catholic blogs within a half hour, now there are more than six hundred or so.

Though by far the large majority of them describe themselves as you do as leaning towards conservative.

http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Eric Bateman said...

Yes, everyone seems to have caught the blogging bug. Although I do consider my self on the conservative side, I hope to show that I am for Social Justice in a Catholic sense and that I am open for new spiritual growth in the Church, specifically, through the Charismatic Renewal that was endorsed by the Pope but is put down by some conservatives. So maybe you can call me a liturgically correct Catholic orthodox liberal :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>