Tuesday, April 05, 2005

More comments on Pope John Paul II

I was talking about the Pope to my daughter ad said that if he was to be a saint, he would probably have his feast day as April 2nd. But I was thinking that it would be more appropriate if his feast day was near divine Mercy Sunday since we all now he had a great love for Divine Mercy Sunday and Sr. Faustina. So it came to me that it would be great if they did something very unusual about his feast day and assigned his feast day to the Saturday before Divine Mercy Sunday - I know that would mean it would be a different day every year but I think that would be very neat, a moving feast day!!

It was amazing to see the number of people coming to St. Peter's to view the Pope's body. I wonder if this is the most people ever to view a body before a funeral. Though you would think that some leader in China or India might have had a lot of people also. I know a lot of people saw Lincoln's body but his was a little different as his body traveled the country, I heard that Teddy Roosevelt saw his body as a young child in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>