Monday, May 30, 2005

God's best Food - Corpus Christi

I went to our 11:15 Mass today since I was scheduled to lector and my wife had the Gospel sermonette for Kids duty at that Mass also. It was a very nice Mass with a great Homily from our Pastor, all about the Eucharist and the Body of Christ, both the bread and us, the Church, we too are the Body of Christ. He had a great line in his homily, saying that the new manna is Jesus' Body and it is "God's best food" - I like the sound of that, we are partaking of God's best food when we receive Jesus' Body and Blood. One of the confirmation/1st communion children was out of town during the scheduled confirmation/1st communion Masses (yes, our parish does the restored order of confirmation and 1st communion on the same day, I am getting used to it by now and I am even liking it, the children seem to always be excited about getting confirmed), so he made his confirmation/ 1st communion today. I really liked that on this feast day, to know that this young boy is receiving Jesus for the first time, it made me realize how special the gift of the Eucharist is for all of those, even those who have partaken of the Body and Blood for years and years. I think it would be great to do this every year, have one child receive their 1st communion on Corpus Christi. I was watching EWTN's Mass today and I saw some girls in communion dresses, I wonder if they had 1st communions at their Mass today also. There also was a procession of the Blessed Sacrament into the Chapel and adoration until the evening Mass; a special treat for us as we only have adoration on First Fridays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>