Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Pentecost Sunday

I had a very busy Pentecost Sunday. My parish had a liturgical Ministries Fair that day as part of our Time and Talent Stewardship drive that we were having this month. I was in charge of setting it up and being there if anyone had questions after all the morning Masses. So I got to the church hall before the first Mass to set up; it was an early start for a Sunday for me. The Fair went pretty well, we got some sign ups for doing some of the liturgical ministry's work. My parish already has a lot of volunteers and it is a very active parish, but the Church would like to see more of the Sunday only Catholics get involved in helping out and hopefully we can get that participation because then the parish could do a whole lot more. I belong to a Charismatic Catholic prayer group, Mission San Jose Community, that has a prayer meeting on Sunday afternoons, but this Sunday, since it was Pentecost, the beginning of charismatic prayer in the church, our group decided to attend a Pentecost Charismatic Mass nearby instead of have our prayer meeting. The Mass was great, full of praise and worship music and invocations of the Holy Spirit to come down upon us. There were prophecies and healing prayers done at the Mass also and the priest shared his charismatic testimony during his homily, his Pentecost experience as it were. Whenever I go to a charismatic Mass, I get a sense that this is how the early disciples worshipped, using the Gifts of the Holy Spirit when they were received. The Mass was 2 hours long and was a beautiful liturgy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>