Friday, February 09, 2007

Silly Eric facts

I was tagged last July to do one of those blogger lists things and I didn't even realize it until I googled my blog page and found that Shannon had tagged me -
So since I was tagged, I will do the list - 5 silly facts about yourself

1. I love Martial Arts movies and TV shows, Kung Fu - The TV show is still my favorite, but I love Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung and the Iron Monkey. I think Kung Fu was a very Catholic type of show, Caine almost never used his Martial Arts training for evil and he was always there to help out the "little guy" whether it was another chinese person or a poor woman being forced to sell her land.

2. Live and Let Die is still my favorite Bond movie and I think it is because it was the first one I saw or the first one that came out at the theaters that I saw. I love the boat chase scene in that one and I love the song. The movie isn't very Catholic except that Bond of course beats the bad guys, good triumph over evil.

3. I am very competitive on the highway, I will always speed up to my maximum speed limit for a street if given the opportunity and I will pass slower cars if they do not let me get to my max speed. I once told my family that the 3 lanes on the freeway really have three different speed limits, right hand lane is 55, middle lane is 65 and fast lane is 75 - but that is when the speed limit was 55. I am trying to be less competitive on the road but it is hard but I know Jesus would want me to be more courteous.

4. I act like a kid whenever I see snow (which isn't often since I live in San Jose now) - whenever I have been to the snow (Lake Tahoe and such), I always want to find a sled run or make one and spend some time sled riding. One time I was at Tahoe, there was a big pile of snow that had become solid, so I built an igloo - or tried to at least, I don't think I quite could fit into it at my age, I was 32 at the time. I guess this fact is because I live in Upstate New York during the blizzards of 1970s when I was 8 - 13 years of age, so I had plenty of snow at the prime sledding ages and also plenty of hills to sled down also.

5. I have a hard time remembering Catholic prayers, especially long ones, but if someone else is saying them with me, I can remember each phrase with only one syllable. Examples of this are the creeds and the Hail Holy Queen prayer of the rosary. Star Spangled Banner is the same way for me. Not sure why I don't have these prayers memorized so well I can just ramble them off.

I will not be tagging any since this list is pretty old by now. If anyone wants to do it, feel free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>