Monday, January 15, 2007

Charismatic Sunday - that is what it should have been called

Yesterday should have been called Charismatic Sunday due to the second reading being the list of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit - the ones that are emphasized by the Charismatic Renewal. I belong to a Charismatic Renewal prayer group and I just love it when the Church uses the Corinthians readings so I can tell people that yes, the Church still believes in these gifts. It was funny though that two priests who were giving homilies today - both talked about how we are given gifts from God but they didn't say the gifts were the charismatic gifts like speaking in tongues or interpretations of tongues, they talked about healing (specifically how forgiving is part of healing) and talked about music and speaking in public (I went to two Masses today due to a baptism of a friend's baby and the end of retreat Mass for my daughter and the middle schoolers that went). I went to the prayer meeting today and we had a Charismatic Renewal speaker who reminded us that Pope John Paul II was very open to the Charismatic Renewal as was the US Catholic Bishops who wrote a paper called "Grace for a new Springtime". These gifts of the Holy Spirit are still available to all who are open to them. God bless.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Rex said...

i like this blog...it's religious.
Hey Eric, do u think God will punish me for my kind of business? see my blog to know what i do.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Eric Bateman said...

Rex,
Yes, stealing people's money is a sin. I pray that you can repent and use your blog to warn people about these scams instead of doing them yourself. I will pray for you.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>