Monday, August 07, 2006

Pope talks to Altar Servers

The Pope used his general assembly last week to talk to the thousands of Altar Servers who were in Rome for a conference. My parish has altar servers now and I think it is a great service for kids to do. Here is a little of what the Pope said to the youths:

“Today, as a look out at you standing here in St. Peter’s Square, I think of the Apostles and feel the voice of Jesus who says to you, ‘I no longer call you servants, but friends, remain in my love and bear much fruit.’ I invite you: listen to this voice. Christ did not just say this 2000 years ago, he lives and speaks to you now.”

and the Pope also made a plug for vocations to the Church as he said:

“Perhaps to some of you the voice is saying, ‘I want you to serve me in a special way, as a priest, becoming my witness, being my friend and introducing others to this friendship.”

We should all pray that these youths may listen to the voice of God and respond to God's call of priesthood if they hear it. We should also help God by encouraging the Catholic youth to be open to vocations so that they can hear and obey the will of God. I have two young daughters and I have told them that a religious vocation would be a wonderful life if that is what they feel God is calling them to.

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>